Home Office Desks
Sauder 417586 Harbor View Corner Computer Desk A2
Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves
Best Minimalist Design Home Office Desk
Origami Foldable Computer Desk
Best Portable Home Office Desk
Atlantic 33950212 Gaming Desk Pro
Most Functional Home Office Desk
Techni Mobili Mobile & Compact Complete Computer Workstation Desk
Best Budget Home Office Desk
South Shore Axess Desk with Keyboard Tray
Best Home Office Desk With Storage
Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
Are you looking for the best home office desks? More and more people are bringing their work at home, whether it’s an extension of their workplace responsibilities or a home-based job. No matter what kind of work you do in your house, home office desks are extremely effective tools to make things more organized.
If you’re looking for a tabletop surface for your home-based work needs, you’re in for a treat – here’s our list of picks for the best home office desks, complete with product descriptions and our reasons why we like each one of them.
Which Are The Best Home Office Desks?
1. Sauder 417586 Harbor View Corner Computer Desk A2 – Editor’s Pick
2. Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves – Best Minimalist Design Home Office Desk
3. Origami Foldable Computer Desk – Best Portable Home Office Desk
4. Atlantic 33950212 Gaming Desk Pro – Most Functional Home Office Desk
5. Techni Mobili Mobile & Compact Complete Computer Workstation Desk – Best Budget Home Office Desk
6. South Shore Axess Desk with Keyboard Tray – Best Home Office Desk With Storage
7. Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk – Best Design
BEST HOME OFFICE DESKS
Sauder 417586 Harbor View Corner Computer Desk A2 -Editor’s Pick
The measurements are: Table dimensions: length both ways is 66.1″ (167.8 cm), width is 24.1″ (61.27 cm), height is 23.3″ (76.96).
Weight of the product: 90 lbs (40.82kg), Shipping Weight 192 lbs
Right off the bat, this home office desk will instantly catch your attention with its exquisite beauty. Its wooden surface design coupled with its solid built makes the Sauder Harbor View Corner Computer Desk an instant classic.
This L-shaped home office surface comes with a keyboard and mouse shelf that slides in and out to keep the design seamless. Its clean top surface design lets you put just about anything on top of the desk, may it be a full computer setup, printer, fax machine, paper tray, tabletop bookshelf, or even your favorite ornamental plant. This versatile office desk can work with pretty much any kind of home-based job.
What sets this table apart from other home office desks is its storage locations. The Sauder Harbor View Corner Computer Desk has two upper drawers to hold common office supplies and a third lower drawer where you can store paper documents in letter or European size. It also has a single-door cabinet where you can store larger items such as a vertical CPU box. And because the desk can be assembled and dismantled easily, you can switch the positions of the cabinet and drawer column to your liking.
People who love to organize their things properly will find this desk a joy to use. Aside from ample storage, this corner desk also has a grommet hole to keep your computer cables and electrical wires from splaying over your table surface. You may also attach a hutch (sold separately) to add more storage cabinets and shelves onto your desk.
Out of all the home office desks on our list, this beautiful salt oak corner desk arose as the Editor’s Pick. This product combines many of the features that a good home office desk should have, particularly aesthetics and functionality.
- Beautiful wooden design
- With multiple storage locations
- L-shaped built lets it fit into any rectangular corner
- Keeps your files and computer cables organized
- Easy to assembly and dismantle
- Surface is made of paper laminate and not pure wood
- Requires customer assembly (although you may request assistance from seller)
- Bottom file drawer may not pull out far enough to reach documents stored at the back portion
Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves – Best Minimalist Design Home Office Desk
The measurements are: Table dimensions: lengths are 51.3″(130.3 cm), and 53.6″(136.1 cm), width is 15.1″ (39.8 cm), height is 28.3″ (71.8 cm).
Weight of the product: 70 lbs (31.75 kg)
If you’re going for a minimalist or no-frills approach to home office desks, then this workstation will work wonders for you. Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk features a simple design that will fit not only rectangular spaces but also rooms in any color, theme, or motif.
Its strong espresso color brings out a fusion of classic and modern style to your home office, without looking weird among the rest of your furniture. Because its structural design is plain and simple, you can place this desk anywhere – home office, study room, dorm room, or entertainment area.
Where it scrimps on design, it makes up for functionality. The desk provides ample tabletop surface space to put your computer monitor, laptop, paper files, fax machine, and other necessary office supplies. You don’t have to worry about disorderly cables because you can insert your wires into any of the two grommet holes.
In terms of storage, the Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk also comes with two open shelves at the desk’s bottom side. You can place your books and folders in these built-in storage locations and still be able to reach them easily as you need them.
Although it requires assembly, installation is easy and convenient. Built from medium density fiberboard and laminated particleboard that’s common in cost-friendly home office desks, expect the components of this product to be lightweight but sturdy. The surface is resistant to light scratches, although it will be a good idea to be careful of scratching or hitting the table’s corners and edges to keep its life longer.
- Minimalist design lets it fit perfectly into any room
- Lightweight materials make it easy to assemble
- Large tabletop surface area to put multiple office equipment and supplies
- Accessory bookshelves keep your books and paper documents organized
- Surface is resistant to light scratches
- Requires assembly
- Some assembly components may be choking hazards
- MDF / particleboard build makes it less durable than metal or solid wood desks
- Surface laminate may chip off eventually, especially on corners and edges
Origami Foldable Computer Desk – Best Portable Home Office Desk
The measurements are: Table dimensions: length is 47.4″ (120.39 cm), width is 23.6″ (59.94 cm), height is 29.9″ (75.94 cm). Weight capacity 100 lbs (45.35 kg)
Size (folded) for storage: Approx. Width 6.25” (15.87 cm), depth 23.6” (59.94 cm). x height 51” (129.54 cm).
Weight of the product: 38 lbs (17.75 kg)
Get ready for the Transformers of all home office desks! What makes this home office desk an absolute steal is its portability and space-saving feature. The Origami Foldable Computer Desk may be collapsed in mere seconds for easy storage or relocation, and it also takes pretty much the same time to open it up again for use.
When you have this product shipped, it’s going to be delivered in its folded state, but don’t worry because you don’t need to assemble anything. Just unfold the desk and start using it right away! Its ultra-convenient installation requires no assembly at all. Dual locks ensure that the foldable desk is secure and stays in place while you’re using it.
This home office desk has a comfortably spacious surface that can support a standard-sized monitor, keyboard, mouse, bookstand, paper tray, and other small office supplies. You can put your office essentials all on the 7-square-feet top surface within easy reach, and still have enough space for your coffee mug or tumbler.
The bottom part of the desk comes with a tray assembly where you can put your computer CPU and other office equipment (such as printer or scanner), and even rest your feet on the center tray. The assembly is elevated off the floor so that you can easily clean the base without having to lift anything up.
Customers on Amazon found this as a perfect gaming desk because of its portability and sufficient surface space, and these same features make it a great addition to your home office space as well.
- Foldable and easy to transport or relocate
- No installation necessary
- 7 square feet of surface space, enough for basic office desk equipment and supplies
- Bottom elevated assembly makes it easy to clean the floor beneath the desk
- Dual locks to keep the desk secure and in place
- No grommet hole or built-in clip to organize wires
- May have minor imperfections in metal frame welding / construction
Dual locks may need proper alignment for it to securely lock the foldable assembly in place Atlantic
Atlantic 33950212 Gaming Desk Pro – Most Functional Home Office Desk
The measurements are: Table dimensions: length is 52″ (132.08 cm), width is 25.25″ (64.13 cm), height is 36″ (91.44 cm).
Weight of the product: 44 lbs (19.95 kg)
As its name suggests, this desk may be built more appropriately for gamers. However, the sheer functionality and usability of this product makes it perfect for the home office as well.
At first glance, you will automatically see the bevy of features that the Atlantic Gaming Desk Pro comes with. It comes with side racks for speakers or video game discs, a basket drawer under the desk for papers and other office supplies, gaming console controller stand, cup holder for your favorite drink, headset hook, and a small upper shelf for books, gaming console, or CPU. The upper elevated shelf can support monitors up to 32 inches in size and not exceeding 40 pounds.
The table surface has a charging stand where you can put your smartphone or tablet for power charging. It’s also designed with two built-in wire sockets to keep your computer cables organized and in place.
As a result of its ingenious design, you can enjoy more surface space to put your most important office supplies and work documents within reach.
Atlantic Gaming Desk Pro is made with a sturdy steel frame and carbon fiber laminated tabletop surface that can hold and support an entire PC workstation and more.
The design of this home office desk incorporates a curved surface to protect the user from bumps on edges and corners. Its table height is also ergonomically designed for comfort, especially when you’re going to use the table for long hours at the office.
- Side racks, hooks, and shelves free up more space on the table surface
- Built for gamers or people who need to work long hours in front of the computer
- Ergonomic design: no sharp corners and edges
- Sturdy construction
- Requires some assembly / installation
- May move a bit when typing or writing on table surface
Techni Mobili Mobile & Compact Complete Computer Workstation Desk – Best Budget Home Office Desk
The measurements are: Table dimensions: length is 31″ (78.74 cm), width is 23.5″ (59.69 cm), height is 41″ (104.14 cm), depth 19″(48.26 cm).
Weight of the product: 34 lbs ( 15.42 kg)
If your job involves mostly computer work, then this compact desk is just right. This ultra-affordable office workstation surface is designed to house a personal computer and its peripherals such as printer and voltage regulator.
The Techni Mobili Mobile & Compact Complete Computer Workstation Desk has table surfaces made of medium density fiberboard panels and coated with PVC laminate and designed with a graphite finish. It also has a powder-coated metal skeletal structure that is resistant to light scratches.
In terms of functionality, this desk comes with a pull-out keyboard tray that you can slide back to keep your desk organized while you’re away. The elevated shelf can hold your computer monitor or printer, leaving your main table surface free for other office equipment and supplies. This shelf may be adjusted horizontally, whether you want it positioned at the center or on either side of the desk.
Keep your CDs and other media discs stacked conveniently through the side disc rack. With this feature, you can clear up your table from scattered CDs but still have them within your reach at any time.
A bottom panel with the same built as the tabletop and shelf surfaces is also built into the desk. The uses of this bottom surface are endless – place your printer or speakers, store document boxes and baskets, or put other office-related accessories.
This compact computer desk also comes equipped with 4 double wheels so that you can move the desk practically anywhere you want it to go. Each wheel assembly has a locking caster to keep the desk in place as soon as you’ve decided on the perfect spot to put your new home office desk.
- One of the most cost-effective office desks in the market
- Perfect for people who use the computer often
- Compact size lets it fit anywhere in the room
- Built-in wheel assembly makes the desk easy to move
- May need some installation / assembly
- Sliding keyboard tray cannot carry too much weight
- Slightly sharp edges on keyboard tray
- Wheels may not be too sturdy
South Shore Axess Desk with Keyboard Tray – Best Home Office Desk With Storage
The measurements are: Table dimensions: Assembled length is 20″ (50.80 cm), width is 42″ (106.68 cm), height is 36.75″ (93.34 cm). Weight capacity: 81 lbs ( 36.74 kg)
Weight of the product: 67 lbs ( 30.30 kg)
This product looks more like a shelf cabinet with a desk rather than the other way around, but it works pretty well for people who are meticulous when it comes to organizing things. This impeccably designed home office desk comes with an array of open and closed storage spaces that you can use for practically any kind of work.
The desk has an open shelf and a large-sized drawer on the side, which are perfect for storing important files and documents, seldom-used reference books, and small office equipment. What’s amazing about the open shelf is that you can either use it as one huge space for your computer CPU or install a divider to convert it into two smaller shelves.
Meanwhile, a two-storey top shelf allows you to put media discs, small books and journals, frequently used office supplies, and table decorations. These storage locations make the South Shore Axess Desk suitable for studying and general work use.
On its sufficiently sized tabletop surface, you may put a computer monitor and peripherals to complete your home office work needs. A pull-out tray keeps your keyboard stowed after a day’s work, while a cutout hole at the back portion of the desk holds computer cables and electrical wires organized.
South Shore Axess Desk with Keyboard Tray is made of non-toxic laminated particleboard, and comes in seven colors (black, chocolate, country pine, natural maple, pure white, royal cherry, and soft gray) to complement the theme and style of the room.
- A lot of storage spaces to keep many things within reach
- Large flexible open shelf comes with a detachable divider to turn it into two smaller shelves
- Cutout hole at the back organizes cables and wires
- Comes in seven colors to fit your home design
- Particleboard build may be too flimsy to carry a lot of things
- Surface laminate has a tendency to chip off after some time
- Requires assembly, although instructions are easy to follow
Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk – Best Design
The measurements are: Table dimensions: width is 60″ (152.40 cm), height is 37″ (93.98 cm), depth 24″(60.96 cm). Made of 6mm/5mm tempered glass.
Weight of the product: 96.5 lbs ( 43.77 kg)
The combination of glass and metal brings a modern flair to interior design, and this is what the Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk does to your home office space. This desk is constructed with a strong metal frame coated in black powder finish, as well as clear tempered glass for its surfaces.
The unique design of this home office desk makes it a standout in any room, and this is good if you want your workstation to be the center of attention. Its structure makes it perfectly fit any rectangular corner and is spacious enough to accommodate an entire set of office equipment and supplies.
The desk comes with an elevated shelf where you can place your computer monitor for a more comfortable view. A drawer tray is also included to put your keyboard and mouse. The result of these design elements is a wide main table surface that’s available for the rest of your office furniture and supplies.
Despite the seeming risk of using glass as a construction material, this desk is sturdy enough for general use. The welding joints on the metal frame are strengthened by reinforced plates for optimum durability. More importantly, tempered glass is much stronger than conventional glass, having the ability to withstand breaks or cracks.
- Beautiful modern design
- Sturdy and durable with safety features and built-in reinforcements
- Space-saving: can fit into rectangular corners
- A bit heavy to move or relocate
- Pull-out keyboard assembly may not be able to support more weight
- Glass may be shattered when it arrives upon delivery (but may be replaced via customer support)
HOME OFFICE DESKS BUYING GUIDE – HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST HOME OFFICE DESK
Choosing the right furniture for your home goes beyond mere aesthetics. You need to also look into several factors before you can say that a particular product will work best for your needs.
The same goes with home office desks. Here are some of the most important features to look for when planning to purchase home office desks:
You may not have noticed this, but home office desks and tables have different functions and purposes. For instance, some desks are designed specifically for personal computers alone, while others have more shelves and cabinets for storage.
Here are some quick tips on choosing an office desk based on purpose:
- If you’re doing mostly computer work, look for a computer table or workstation that can house the main computer and its peripherals (keyboard, mouse, CPU). It’s also a good idea to choose a home office desk with a grommet hole or a similar wire management system to keep cables organized.
- If you have limited space, choose a desk that fits your room perfectly. Since most rooms are rectangular in shape, pick an L-shaped office table that you can put on one of the corners of your work area. Aside from this, you may also opt for a compact-sized desk that can accommodate your most basic tools and equipment for the job.
- Got lots of papers and office supplies? Your best bet is a home office desk with a clear and wide tabletop surface. A desk with storage compartments (such as shelves, drawers, and open cabinets) will also work to your advantage.
Effect on Work Dynamics
Are you obsessive-compulsive when it comes to cleanliness and organization? If so, make sure that your office desk allows you to become organized by having proper storage locations and/or wire management features.
If you’re more of the messy-artistic type of worker, you might find a solution in large office desks or inclined table surfaces that help you channel out your inner artist.
Comfort should form part and parcel of choosing the right home office desk for your needs. After all, you don’t want to feel pain or uneasiness while working on the desk, right?
Here are some factors that you may be looking for in terms of ergonomic design:
- Desk height: Make sure that your arms aren’t too high up on the table as you type on your keyboard or laptop. The same is true when we’re talking about the viewing angle and vertical distance of your computer monitor.
- Leg room: Look for a desk with enough bottom space to stretch your legs. Working long hours on the computer or office desk may put your extremities into relaxation mode, which may affect your muscle activity or agility if you don’t move them often.
- Things within reach: The things that you need frequently should all be within comfortable reach, such as the computer mouse, stapler, pens, or your signature stamp.
- Edges and corners: Desks with sharp edges and corners are just accidents waiting to happen. Look for home office desks with curved or smooth designs.
You probably want your money’s worth when it comes to buying home office desks. To achieve this, make sure that you’re buying based on quality instead of cost. Sure, low-cost desks may sound favorable, but in the long run it’s going to cost you. Aside from wear and tear, low-quality desks may collapse at a moment’s notice, sending your computer and other sensitive equipment freefalling to their destruction!
Choose home office desks with wood or metal frames, as well as desk surfaces that will stand at least a year of constant use.
In addition, look at the drawers and other similar pull-out features. Their durability will speak for the entire desk’s quality.
Don’t choose an office desk that will stand out like a sore thumb in your home – say, a neon pink table in a wood-themed room. Instead, pick an office desk that complements the existing look of the room and the entire house.
One effective strategy to pull this off is to choose muted colors such as whites, blacks, and browns. Opt for structural designs that look classic and modern, rather than weird and extremely unique.
Another way would be to have a built-in home office desk custom-made for you. If cost isn’t an issue, this technique allows your desk to integrate with the rest of the room elements quite well.
Storage is always an important asset in any home, and the same goes with the home office desk. If you have a lot of documents and work-related stuff lying around your home office, you may need to find a desk with built-in cabinets and shelves. That way, you can keep your things organized and easy to find whenever you need them.
Storage options that you can find in some office workstations include open and closed shelves, cabinets and cupboards, racks, hooks, and side baskets.
For some people, design is extremely important in choosing the perfect home office desk. However, we recommend considering this factor as a last resort. Start first with quality, durability, and useful features of the desks before choosing which one looks amazing.
Having said that, there’s nothing wrong with choosing desks that bring a visual oomph into your private office. Depending on your style preferences, choose an office desk design that exudes confidence and beauty without sacrificing productivity. You may even go for outlandish and unique home office desk designs, as long as they fit your intended purpose.
Our top picks and the complimentary buying guide should lead you to buy the best home office desks for your private workspace. We’re positive that our advice and comprehensive review will make your purchase pleasant, cost-effective, and hassle-free.
Which do you think is the best home office desk for you? Let us know your thoughts!